Bullaun Press welcomes applications for a part-time Publicity Assistant role.
Your remit will include but is not limited to the following areas:
- Promotion of forthcoming titles across social media channels, especially Instagram, by creating content and carrying out research on potential audience
- Assisting with creation of posters, flyers, newsletter and other promotional material
- Assisting with drafting of press releases
- Interaction with booksellers, reviewers, bloggers, festival organisers, etc.
- Assisting with general PR and marketing activities to grow the online profile of the press, nationally and internationally
In addition, by being involved with a small start-up, there is the opportunity to gain experience in any other aspects of publishing that are of particular interest to you, working closely with Executive Editor, Bridget Farrell.
- A deep interest in literature, especially literature in translation
- A flair for communication, written, spoken and visual
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with social media, MS Office applications (essential) and MailChimp, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, WordPress, Eventbrite, Google Drive, Zoom (desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills, and good self-motivation
This is a part-time role of 6 hours a week. Minimum contract of 6 months; option to extend to 1 year and beyond by mutual agreement. Flexible weekly work schedule.
Terms and conditions
- Remote working with occasional requirement for attendance at events.
- Contract for services. Hourly payment of €15.
How to apply
The right candidate will bring a creative, enthusiastic approach to the role. Applications by email please, with ‘Publicity Assistant’ in the subject line. The application should include a succinct cover letter and (relevant extracts from) CV, sent to by 9 a.m., 28 March. Mid-April start date ideally.
Bullaun Press is a recent arrival on the Irish publishing scene, with literature in translation as the sole focus. It is the first press in Ireland to be dedicated to the art of translation.
Our first title in April 2022 was I Am Lewy, Mícheál Ó hAodha’s lively rendition of Eoghan Ó Tuairisc’s modernist classic An Lomnochtán (1977). The next one, in October 2023, will be Without Waking Up, Deirdre McMahon’s translation of Austrian author Carolina Schutti’s beautiful 2012 novel, Einmal muss ich über weiches Gras gelaufen sein, a winner of the European Prize for Literature in 2015 and already translated into at least 13 other languages.
Bullaun Press is an equal opportunities employer. We are funded by the Arts Council of Ireland.